Wonderings on Learning French

Bonjour!

I had my first french lesson this morning (well the first one since I finished my G.C.S.E's about 15 years ago).  Have to admit that I was a little scared but also excited.

The company I work for is a French company so they offer free French lessons to all employees and as I'm now a permanent member of staff there, I was asked if I would like to learn.  Well of course I said yes, not only to make the e-mails in French I receive a little easier to understand without the use of Google Translate, but also so that if at any point in the not to distance future I get to cross the channel for a little trip to Paris, I will find it much easier to:

Order Macarons in all different flavours


Ask for directions to Versailles

 

Spend all my money in the flea markets.


I guess that means I'd better get practicing then. :-) 

Au revoir

Comments

Crystalrainbow said…
Hello :) just dropping by to say hi and thanks for stopping by my place :) i had a few lessons years but just couldnt get the hang of it. I still remeber a few words from school but as ive got older it just dont seem to stay in my head lol x x
Birgit said…
Hi there,

Thanks to Anna’s great Practical Magic blog party website I know that you are taking part in the event. I have pondered how to participate and thought it would be neat to post anonymously people’s thoughts and/or secrets regarding the movie. Sites which inspired me are:

Post Secret
Walt Disney Confessions

Those thoughts or secrets could e.g. be “I have already watched the movie 1,000 times,” “I wish I had a sister like Gilly,” “The aunts’ house is my dream house,” “I have dreamt about Jimmy” etc. Anything which comes to your mind when you think of “Practical Magic.”

If you feel like helping me out, be sure to send me your thought/secret as soon as possible at swappinghowdies@yahoo.de. Of course, I handle each “confession” anonymously. And – please nothing x-rated!

Greetings from Germany,
Birgit

Popular Posts