Wonderings on The Simple Things
The lovely people behind Mollie Makes have brought out a gorgeous new magazine called The Simple Things. I made sure I got my copy the day it came out and have happily been dipping in and out of it ever since.
It’s full of gorgeous photos and inspirational interviews with people who work at making their life simpler and enjoying what they have and helps you to do the same.
This is something I have aspirations towards, however, I don’t think I’m doing enough at the moment. I always dream of the day when I have a garden large enough to keep chickens and bees, where I grow my own vegetables and have a patch dedicated to heaps of cutting flowers. This though is a dream of the future and I’m neglecting to see what I could be doing now to live more simply and also less dependant on large corporations, supermarkets etc.
So I’ve decided to make a list of things that I could be doing more and work on introducing them into my life.
- Gather information on planting vegetables etc in pots and look what can be done to get ready for next Spring.
- Visit the local shops for meat, veg etc more often, instead of relying on the supermarket.
- Try and make more things myself. This could be baking my own bread to, or even making new cushion covers.
- Look at buying more clothes, homeware etc from smaller businesses such as those on etsy.
- Remember to enjoy the simple things in life and enjoy what I have right now. Things like settling down with a magazine and a warming tot of whiskey.
What about you? Do you long for the simple life or already live it? Do you have any tips for achieving it?